September 7 - 11, 2020
|Let Our Experience Solve Your Problem |
|We do not sell torches. They might be useless. First of all, we help our customers to understand if any available plasma source will benefit their technology both technically and economically based on our 40+ years expertise and over 1,500 plasma products in operation worldwide. If yes, select the best one and develop a product. With this in mind, Applied Plasma Technologies, Corp. develops, manufactures, and provides a worldwide maintenance to that plasma based technologies, which help our customers to get a desirable product. We make our products exclusively at our facilities in Springfield, VA, USA.
Our product list includes:
Visit FundAnything to see our Sewage Sludge-to-Electricity and Heat Project
- The most advanced in the field 2nd generation ICP/RF plasma torch systems with virtually unlimited lifetime and plasma plume power from 10 kW to 200 kW, 1-20 bar pressure, and operation on Ar, air, N2, O2, CO2, water steam, other gases and blends
- Custom technologies based on RF plasma for production of nano-structured materials with tailored properties, including boron nitride nano-tubes (BNNT), electronic-grade silicon, treatment of powders, single-stage processing of gases, MSW and fuels, including industrial-scale NOx production, liquids, and solids at 1 bar to 10 bar pressures
- Plasma igniters, pilots, and plasma fuel nozzles for reliable ignition, flame and emission control in gas turbines, high speed propulsion systems, boilers, furnaces, and chemical reactors
- Flexi-fuel plasma assisted combustors, afterburners, thermal oxidizers, tail gas burners for super-low heating value (SLHV) gas (from 2.5 MJ/kg) processing, gas turbine combustors for 2.5 MJ/kg to 47 MJ/kg HV gas, based on both direct and reverse vortex flows, with positive and negative (suction effect) inlet pressure
- Plasma gasifiers and reactors for high H2 yield syngas and chemicals production from coal dust and slurry, biosolids (sewage sludge), biomass, waste hydrocarbons, renewable energy sources. Fuel reformers for SOFC
- 1-5 MW Integrated Plasma Gasification Combined Cycle power plants
- Methane plasma reformers for non-catalyst syngas and C2-C3 hydrocarbons production (acetylene, ethylene, etc.), including small scale GTL modules with 50 - 2,000 bpd capacity
- Plasma equipment for mineral processing to improve recovery rate of the latent metals, including the precious metals
- Plasma reactors for liquid fertilizer and ammonia production from air and water
All products employ custom, both thermal and non-thermal plasma torches, available for 1 to 20+ bar pressure operation with power in plasma from 10 W to 500 kW.
Targeted mainly on industrial applications, which need plasma sources with near unlimited lifetime, APT has pioneered development of a new generation of electrode-less torches also known as inductively coupled (ICP) or radio-frequency (RF) plasma torches and became the world's first manufacturer of high pressure plasma systems with virtually unlimited lifetime. In December, 2012 APT has reported achieved operation pressure level of 7 bar.
APT also conducts research and development in such promising fields as medical, municipal waste, and bio-mass gasification; ammonia and nano-structures production; plasma coatings and surface treatment by sub- and supersonic plasma jets; plasma purification of waste water; establishes a new branch of science named plasma mineralogy.
Starting July, 2017 we practice short-term lease of unique RF plasma torch, reactors, and auxiliary systems at our Virginia facility. Combining access to the world-class hardware with support by a team of APT specialists will, for sure, enhance any project, improve its effectiveness, mitigate risk, and speed-up development of new technologies. The first contract was performed with a world recognized company from Germany.
Focused on searching and validation of innovative plasma based technologies for further commercialization and mass production, APT develops and manages several international projects, including New Generation High Power & High Pressure (up to 20 bar) ICP/RF Torches (click here to see Torch 1 in operation on air and Torch 2 in operation on argon); Supersonic Plasma Igniters for Scramjets and Rocket Motors; Plasma Fuel Nozzles for Gas Turbines; Plasma Enhanced Tornado Combustors; High Frequency Gas Ionizers; Waste-to-Power Plants; Plasma Assisted Coal Combustion and Gasification Modules with Regulated Syngas Composition; etc.
Clearly understanding the reasons of failure all worldwide attempts in development of commercial waste and coal gasification technologies, APT works on the next approach based on the 2nd generation plasma torches. Our RF water steam plasma provides three basic parameters: virtually unlimited operation time, highest possible thermodynamic efficiency, and high calorific value syngas, all due to application of high pressure steam gasification. To develop a 5-25 tones a day pilot plant, APT invites all potentially interested partners to join the project. We believe that our 100 kW RF steam plasma source is a long waited solution.
From 2005 APT is the organizer and host of the annual International Conference on Plasma Assisted Technologies (ICPAT), former IWEPAC, which provides forum for researchers, developers, and consumers of all plasma based technologies. ICPAT-13 will be organized in cooperation with the International Plasma Technology Center, U.S.A. and Harbin Institute of Technology, China and held 7 - 11 September, 2020 in Harbin, China.
Our Book Store for free download the books of extended abstracts of IWEPAC-3 to ICPAT-11 conferences.
APT has founded International Plasma Technology Center as the US non-profit corporation and is working with investors on establishing a Plasma Revolving Fund to help both researchers and their customers worldwide develop and bring to the world market place advanced plasma based technologies.
APT has established an International Council of Experts in the field of plasma assisted combustion and gasification, which provides consultative services to help government institutions, investors, and industry experts navigate in the field of plasma based technologies, review the projects with significant social and environmental impact, start working on the National Plasma Assisted Combustion Roadmap to develop an integrated plan to advance the field.
APT is a recognized leader in development and manufacturing of advanced plasma products for industrial, marine, and aerospace applications with over 1,500 plasma systems in operation worldwide.
Please note, PLASMA IS NOT A MAGIC WAND! Every plasma product is unique, developed to satisfy specific customer needs, and in many cases can not be open for public due to confidentiality limitations and export control regulations.
WE ARE NOT A BLOOD PLASMA DONATION CENTER!